Featured Post

Haruan Fishing at Mandai Bus Stop Drain

After discovering the Haruan hole yesterday, i quickly got down to business this morning. I left my house early and reached the spot before first light. First few casts resulted in a hookup but the fella dived under the weeds and threw hook. How careless of me...

As the sun came up, i was aghast at the water level. It wasn't even half a meter! In fact, its only around ankle level. The place was brimming with Haruan and a few walking catfish. I got another Haruan which wanted to taste the Daiso mini pencil.

Greedy bugger. Sight casted towards the bugger and it took the lure



But after i released it, guess what?

I saw a big school of Haruan follow the former POF (Prisoner of Fishing) and swim towards the small drain linking to the reservoir. And they were gone! Did i spook the whole school? Hehehe...

After casting for some time, i got itchy and made my way to the other side of the drain linking to the reservoir. What i found shocked me... There were more Haruans and baby Tomans there! They were all sitting there happily waiting for food to pass by. I spotted around a dozen of them but most of them swam off when they saw me... A few were still there!

Drain Snakeheads



I packed up soon and went home after that as I have a hospital appointment later. Playing with Haruans is simply so fun... Not because of the fight but because of the way you get them. Hehe...

Maybe will try recce-ing another spot with Momok tomorrow. For Big Pacu, Temensis and some say giant freshwater turtle. Hopefully momok and i don't get lost.

Comments

wow!FINALLY YOU FOUND SNAKEHEAD HEAVEN BRO!...NICE CATCH!
Taufik Sardon said…
Eh... Momok is behind you... If you get lost, he'll get lost too
Ah Girl (AG) said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Hi-ya i'm new on here, I came accross this forum I have found It amply useful & it's helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Around
Anonymous said…
where is this harual hole you talking about??
Nigel said…
The Haruan hole is just next to the bus stop at Jalan Ulu Sembawang de longkang...

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)