Featured Post

Lost Hookup: Arowana on Lure

I am so disheartened by this day that i still believe that it's going to affect my fishing for the year...

It all began when Shawn and me explored a somewhat dry spot of ours... It was pretty dry... But we managed to land a few nice Temensis... including dropping two decent sized ones as we were careless...

First cast into our favourite submerged tree... and this beautiful monster tribal Arowana swam out lightning fast... to grab the lure... FISH ON i shouted...seeing that it was an arowana, I set 3 times... but I forgot I was on high drag... next 10 seconds of fight was exciting as the fish swam around trying to throw the hook but the two trebles were firmly secured... not for long. After a few jumps, the treble got off and I was left to my own disappointment....

Lesson... never fight an Arowana on high drag settings.... It will probably mean the hook will dig in and create a big hole in the jaw and the Arowana easily dislodges itself....

Well, here's the pictures for the consolation fishes though...

Shawn and his Rapala did it again



My lure wasn't even moving when this fella brought it down...



Shawn got himself one too



Guess what happened after I lost the arowana? Bad luck boy... bad luck...

Comments

h|d|R said…
bro can i follow next time lol

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Fishing at Barelang Fishing Pond (with trip itinerary and tips), Batam

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)