Featured Post

Ah Fong Changi in October 2022

An awesome specimen!

So this Ah Fong fishing trip was slightly interesting because of two things...

We were fishing shallow reefs and I love to fish at such fishing spots simply because there are a lot of small reef fish to catch on sabiki rig. However, this time they were gone (the last time I caught so many assorted reef fish with bare sabiki rig)!

I tried sabiki with prawn meat to tempt them but I got busted off by two bruisers. The kind of fish that take off once I set hooked. And of course, I got rattled by Ah Fong. But when I tried thicker lines with flasher hooks, they wouldn't take again. Apparently, the thin sabiki lines made them commit... I later on caught a mangrove jack with sabiki but that was just poor, boring fight.

Yep, it took sabiki without bait

Flasher rig didn't work

Meanwhile...

My size made the fish look small again. This was around 2kg.

We had to call it off halfway though as the weather got really nasty. Yummy fish though.

Fairly decent fishing

Balek kampong

I later on heard from Ah Fong that a couple of big groupers and even a good Giant Trevally aka GT was caught at the same spot the next few days...  oh well.

@baktao Is fishing for GT in Singapore possible? Yes it is. 📸: Captain Fong #sgfishing #fishing #fishinglife #fishingtiktoks #gianttrevally #trevally #sg #singapore #bigfish ♬ Fishing - Poppet Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)

Fishing at Barelang Fishing Pond (with trip itinerary and tips), Batam