Fishing trip with Fish Stalker Fishing Charters in September 2021
|Super lukewarm CR. The groupers are pretty good sized though.|
They say not every fishing trip will be good. Some result in "ice cream" which is a famous saying among the locals here that has the same meaning as a bad trip. It won't be accurate to blog just about awesome trips so here I am with this catch report...
I learned that...
- Strange regional weather does affect the catch. It might be due to pressure build ups.
- Sometimes, fish bite harder during the days when there is no current.
- Drift fishing can be terrible without wind and current.
- Discovered the wonderful taste and eating qualities of the red emperor fish (again!)
- Was able to fish with "Tenya" the whole day (since Fish Stalker has an ongoing Tenya fishing competition)
|Pretty wild caught red emperor snapper|
|Lawrence landed this at the very end!|
|My special guest "JDM Abang" caught one...|
|Such a beautiful specimen that took octopus|
|I rarely eat fish head and eyes but this one, no chance!|
|Fish was chilled in the fridge for a day and eaten the next day. Not freezing it actually helps retain the quality of the fish.|