Featured Post

Changi Offshore 1st December and 30th December 2012

These latest Changi offshore fishing reports are already a month old but I'd still thought I'd share them on my blog. Fishing Changi and Pulau Tekong in December used to be an exciting affair when the Chermin spot was still not reclaimed by sand. Regular fishing kakis will book spring tides in which the Chermins were notorious for turning up always. Sadly, after land reclaimation by the Government, the Chermins have since dispersed loosely and god knows where they now hang out. If only they were still around and I could be jigging for them with micro and madai jigs instead of using live prawns...

Oh well, catcheswere still fairly consistent with the evergreen Ah Chong and my family had a ball of a time bringing up fishes. We were fishing the spring tide and Ah Chong brought us to a number of shallow hide outs between 2 meters to 5 meters near the current Pulau Tekong reclamaton works... yes... they are going to reclaim that as well. It seems that next time Changi will just be a single fairway with a bridge in the middle.

Evergreen Ah Chong with his lucky smelly white shorts!


Battle of the Shimano Aceration and Daiwa Hyper Certate...


Live prawns the bait of the day again!


Weiyee doing Extreme Fishing! A great Robson Green fan he is!


My brother as always.... having his fair share of fish and bringing up each fish nonchalantly!


Chicken wing as bait! Me having some fun and creating some laughter with the group... hahahaha


Testing out some Madai Jig...


My uncle and his friends having a ball of a time...



I personally enjoyed myself when I got myself a 2lb red snapper on 4-8lbs tackle and 6lbs frog hair FC line!

The highlight of the day came when one of the kakis had the line busted by a suspected huge barramundi as the fish went under the boat and messed up a few lines before taking off like a steam train! What a pity!

Better catch on 1st Dec


The lousy catch on 31st dec... 


We returned home that day to have a great meal of Steamed Ang Kuey aka Red Snapper!



These days I usually just bring my family and close friends for Changi offshore but if you want to join, feel free to drop an Email ;)

I'll be updating a Sibu Kelong trip to Ah Ngan (Wing Sing Kelong) Kelong and fishing with boatman shawn on my next few posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Fishing at Barelang Fishing Pond (with trip itinerary and tips), Batam

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)