Featured Post

Last a Toman during Chinese New Year

Well, it's auspicious to have fishes for the Chinese New Year because of the popular saying... Nian Nian You Yu (Year Year got fish).... So me and Shawn headed for a Chinese New Year fishing trip on the second day of chinese new year...

Bad move.... it was drizzling with moderate rain throughout the whole trip and the Peacock Bass were not even active. I moved in to target the weedy patches while Shawn stayed on the open area.

Whenever i approached the weedy patch, big fishes will swim away at the sight of me... yes they are that sensitive. But this time round there was no movement as i'm pretty sure the rain somehow masked my prescence... A few casts and my scumfrog was directly in the centre of the weedy patch... 1, 2, 3... BOOF! Holy shit... Something huge made a big gap in the weeds and pulled my frog down. Set Set Set! It is important to make sure that hook is set in deep as i knew it's going to be a tough tug of war and maybe weed pulling...lol...

I was right... The fish took out some line but it was in the middle of all those weeds.... It was impossible to pull further without breaking my line and rod... So i did the easiest thing...

"SHAWN!"...."Shawn!!!!"...

And helpful Shawn came bumbling by.... a quick explanation was done and off into the water he went.... But as he went down the line went out again and there was a slight ripple in the weeds. I thought it was just the fish getting spooked by Shawn's entrance into the water...

Well, after 10 minutes of pulling weeds, it was disappointment... The fish had already got off the hook.... A battered but still usable scumfrog was all that was left... We got nothing.. Except that Shawn found himself some leeches!!!Yup.... one had attached itself to Shawn's palm... next few seconds was man shouting and lighter out...

An excerpt from Shawn's blog(www.singaporefishing.org)...
So anyway, I went into the water to free the lure/fish from some of the thickest weeds/algae I’ve ever seen. When it became apparent that the fish was no longer there, I stepped out when all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain on my left hand. As I rotated my hand to investigate the site, I felt another sharp pain on my hand. It was a leech and it felt like the fucker was a really green nurse cleaning out an open wound (scraping all the way down) with a pen knife. All those idiots who tell you definitively that you will never feel leeches bite are either lying or ignorant.

Well... after that it was almost dark so we went home.... not after i landed myself my true chinese new year fish.... a small Toman....

Consolation



Next report will see me lose an auspicious fish.... on the 4th day of CNY.... man oh man...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit