Featured Post

Singapore Changi Offshore Fishing Zainol

After a very addictive bashing at Pekan for the sail fishes, it was kind of hard to look forward to a Changi trip. The two places simply can't be compared! A friend of my dad's invited us over to a trip he organised for their group of friends. We will be sharing two boats among 19 people. My dad's friend and his family will be joining me, my dad and my bro in one boat with my rsm and family. We will be taking Zainol's boat. I have heard of Captain Zainol before.

Boarding place...

















Zainol's boat...




Baits for the day


Today's current flow was a neat slick current which would yield a good catch of 10 - 20 pcs on Ah Chong's boat. Zainol's boat was spacious enough with a nice toilet but it was kinda lengthy and a little on the bumpy side when the waves hit. His fishing style is not drifting but anchoring beside breakwaters. I notice that he looked like he did not had any spots... He'll just choose some any old breakwater and anchor down! Today's current was excellent for drifting fishing. What a pity...
 
Anchored...

Most of the day was sluggish and the fish only became active when the current changed directions. My brother was the star of the day and that was surprising because he doesn't know how to fish yet. He was holding his rod both times when his rod just dipped violently and he couldn't react. For the first one I was able to dash to him and help him set the rod before he fought the fish. For the second one I was too late and the big fish got away.

Nicholas caught one!


Having lunch























I got a fish too after my brother and it's a nice Ang Cho that i got when I casted far out and spinned my Live Prawn on the bottom. If only we were drifting...


















My dad got a Mangrove Jack up but when he wanted to land it, it got free of the hook and dropped back into the water! 30 minutes later, I had a bite on my LIVE MILKFISH. Yup... I bought 5 big live milkfishes to use as bait at Changi. So far I have landed good sized Groupers on this bait. This time, it's a new species on this bait. I landed a Mangrove Jack.... Hehehe...

Aiya drop my MJ!


Nvm I caught your MJ! It swallowed the fish whole


The catch was bad... worse for the other boat! The other boat only had ONE 3kg Barracuda... It's a total blacklist for this boatman because parking beside some any old how breakwater is something I can do as well... Oh yea... he came with a DECKIE who did NOTHING but just pulled anchor once in awhile. Best of all? He FISHED using our prawns and kept the fishes in his little plastic bag. He didn't even help us remove the hooks from our fish or help us land any fish... Hahaha...

Bad catch...


Nicholas sleeping

Comments

Paddy Pike said…
Great Pictures Nigel, But not a lot left from lunch haha, The last picture shows how tiring having fun fishing can be,
Regards,
,,,Paddy,,,

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit