Featured Post

Malaysia Pulau Redang Trip 2010 Part II

The Snorkeling mayhem does not end here... The next day, we made a trip to the Redang Marine Park also known as Bukit Batok Swimming Complex. Here, the massed formations of various resorts came and mingled as one with our resort. The effect was massive and i can't confirm that no fish were hurt!

Doesnt look that bad lay... U sure?!



My my...



Also known as Bukit Batok Swimming Complex






I did not even attempt to go into the water... Just lazed around... enough for me...




On the way back was hell... It was like queuing for Hello Kitty!



Some of the excellent scenery en route to Snorkeling locations



Let's deviate a while from the sea, the babes and the swimming complex. Going on the Lunar 16 meant nice moons to shoot. I shoot a few shots from my amateurish camera.





Back to ... or rather IT'S FISHING TIME!

I'm a little bored when it comes to the fishing part. I made arrangements with the resort and i had a little speed boat to myself at 250RM for 6 hours.

Preparations...!




After delaying and shifting the timing, i settled at 1pm to board the boat. The mood was off, the fish probably will be sleeping and we had to head back to land because my uncles turned into MER-LIONs soon after we reached the spot.

Merlion at the first spot




Fishing was bad though and only a table sized Leng Chiam was landed. Cudas or sharks toyed with us later on... slicing away our leaders easily. It's a shame that such a beautiful place and the fishing is... Well, it was still a nice experience though. At least i can now tell others that i fished Redang before and no more fishing at Redang for me lol.

The very warm sunset...



Putting aside all the fishing blues, the scenery rewarded me again in the morning... Precious shots...








We checked out that morning... And like how I'm feeling now after posting this long post, it was long and tiring but still fun. Fun fun? Yea funny me timbers.

BON VOYAGE!



Comments

Paddy Pike said…
Great Post Nigel, How clean are those sandy beaches, They are stunning, Must be a very good place going by the crowds of people that are there, And all the Pictures, Wow, But the one for me is the moon over the house, Excelent,
,,,Paddy,,,
Nigel said…
Thanks Paddy... it was a privilege to have been able to step on those shores...!

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Fishing at Barelang Fishing Pond (with trip itinerary and tips), Batam

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)