Featured Post

Short Visit To Punggol End

I was free last Sunday and visited one of my favourite spots where i had many good memories with friends. This is the first spot in which i first got poisoned into eging. I remember my early days there the "Uncles" easily got many squids using slow retrieve method. I remember squids latching onto my jig and i won't even strike just reel it in and later when bringing it up, the squid will surely drop. I even remember msg-ing Alan and EX in the middle of the night to get some tips from them.

After more researching and learning up on eging(especially the Jap Style), i went back to the spot and have been getting better results. But the Chinese have this saying "Always Remember Your Roots" and even if you somehow are more successful with your results nowadays, one must always remember their past.

I made my journey to the spot with optimism although the sky looked as though it will crack open at any time. When i reached the spot, all my optimism faded away. Initially, i thought they had removed the jetty but i found out later that the jetty was "hiding" somewhere.

The surroundings of the place seems to be changing rapidly and i will wonder how long more can we enjoy to fish for squid at this spot which has been around for years.

The eging wasn't good that day as the wind was blowing VERY strongly... I felt as though i was at Sibu Kelong during the Monsoon! The afternoon - evening tide made it worse since it was tougher to get a squid during a day. I left at a record time of 10 minutes after arriving at around 1700 hrs... !

Well, it was a good trip though... at least I'm not quite the frog in the well about how thing are going on there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit