Monday, July 27, 2009

Cheapo China Made Rubber

Alan asked me what rubber i was using at FW 3 and this is a picture of it. I have lost the packaging and forgotten what brand it is... Last time me and ag went to Joe's Tackle and we got this rubber. It is on offer dont know how many for quite a cheap price so i got some.

Photobucket

The action is not bad and i like the colour too... I notice my takes by the patins and cat is AFTER i bounce near the mound of rubbish inside FW 3 pond. In FW 3, by bouncing and constant casting, i found out the centre of the pond is super dirty and probably contains alot of rubbish like leaves, plastic all that.... So i will let my rubber sink all the way down and keep messing up the dirt... Most of the time the Patin will tap at the rubber before it goes off with it...

I don't have an underwater camera so i dont know but my guess is that the Patin will be attracted to the lure since it is messing up so much rubbish... The rubbish being disturbed also attracts surrounding fish...

Hmmm... funny theory i know... yet to be proven.

3 comments:

Taufik Sardon said...

The bottom is damn dirty... thats a fact. It actually has a texture of sludge... no wonder there are less takes around that area...

Nigel said...

ya. i had to drag my rubber from the sludge...i found that it produces more hits leh. LOL.

Mathew said...

Hi Nigel.. The theory of messing up the pond works... Cos it actually stirs up alot of food for the smaller fishes.. of which then the bigger fishes come to get the smaller fish. :)

Same theory in Coarse fishing for the UK :)

There was an error in this gadget