Featured Post

Changi Offshore Fishing 201

Today after some discussion with Ah Chong, we decided NOT to head to Chermin spot to nab them as chances are very very low. We decided to go to secret spot! First spot only Ah C upz one nice Ang Kuey and for me Ang Ko Li. Second spot a few small fish... Continued for awhile... small small...

UNTIL! Next spot, i drop down line... ZZZZzzzZZZT! Goalkeeper! The bugger toook my bait. I set hook and it rain! Almost max drag and my line was peeling out like noones business. It was all over in 5seconds or so... It ran straight like a train to the sangoat area and i got snag. It later burst me off... It was no gao... No snapper... The elusive KBL! Although we did not see the fish, experience tells us its KBL as we hit many here before and the run it made was distinctive of a kbl. At least 4-5kgs. Small ones are not so violent..kekekke...

Anyway after that we ran out of prawns and used the baktao we caught. Surprisingly we caught more than 10 fish with baktao slices! Anyway thats almost the end,,

Still a fun day... No big fish, small fish also can.



27 Dec 07 CR- Gloomy sucky day.

Today is a very gloomy day. And based on comrade harleys CR from yesterday we weren't expecting anything much. Dirty water what to do. As suspected, very bad...No sun...Hazy gloomy day. First fish of the day was a pretty Chermin..,after that nothing... Tohru had a huge bite but he didnt managed to keep it. Whole day i only caught one ang ko li. But I guess I must be contented as tommy caught nothing so far worse then me. Oh well we try the next day!



21 December 2007 Ah Chong's Boat...

After one year waiting for my next Chermin... FINALLY! I caught a Chermin! Although not big lah... But i enjoyed the fight. Still gave me a woots woots fight!

Very sunny day. Hopes were high and especially high when i landed first and second fish of the day with my first and second prawn. Bahaha... a "Bata" fish and flathead.. Then i landed an Ah Seng....

Then Lionking had a strong take.. ZZZT! The fish dashed from the back of the boat to the front where i was sitting down and give a jump followed by a loud boom. I was totally shocked. After a few more jumps, the fish threw hook. The fish is at least 7kg size... What a waste!

At second spot, a new kaki hit another Queenie...This one smaller... Around 5kg at the boga... It still gave him a hard fight though! After merry go round, we netted it...

After that went to favourite spot and well well.... I landed A Chermin after we drifted... I was alone at the front of the boat and thinking nothing would bite my prawn when the Chermin goalkeeper my prawn.. Hehehe

At the structure, we dropped our lines. 3 Goalkeepers! Ang Chor 1.5kg, eng ko 400g and chermin 800g! After that all silent liao...

Then at the last spots, Lionking got himself a nice beautiful ang kway... we landed some tandahs and thats it! 4plus we finished all our prawns and we were back early around 5 at Changi Jetty...

Good day!



The Big Momma's House
Date: 19 September 2007
Boatman: Ah Chong


Today as usual we grabbed a few gaos/snappers in the morning but it slowed down a little in the afternoon. We then went to my favourite spot(usual kakis should know) and i got bullied again! Lionking dropped down his rig with his PE4 tackle and locked his drag in case the fish pulled the line all the way... Goalkeeper! Bam! ZZZt! PE4 max drag and line was still going out! Eventually the line burst.

Then it was my turn to take some torture. The fish took the bait strongly and i striked it... In no time my line was going out with the usual diving down stance. I locked my spool and managed to get it out of the "danger" zone... I then slackened my drag so to avoid any accidents but it was the wrong choice. Fighting the fish halfway, i thought it was tired and it will soon be in the bag but no! It had so much energy for an even stronger burst of speed! ZzzzZZt! It dragged me back to the structures and my line burst due to abrasion! Second structure biggie lost this month!

Ah well after that was plain sailing for the team until a huge Gao was landed. A very respectable 4.6kg it weighed! After that i managed to con a Guhood out of the waters and an incident involving a huge Queenie happened. A kaki casted out and upon landing on the water, the Queenie estimated at least 3kg came out and whacked his bait. The Queenie ran but threw hook soon enough!

Ah well a great day with good kakis. What more can I ask for?


Comments

Taufik Sardon said…
Hmmm I think you've got to change the title names again... Distinguished is tooo FNR... and Fishy... is too fishy lo... Hahahaha

Ai la... change to Gung-go...
Alan chan said…
Huh LOl what your blog also got rank 1 ar.
Taufik Sardon said…
Your clock needs to be readjusted liao...

Anyone knows any cool gadgets to add to the blogs?
Sticko said…
How about change it to distinguish Lamb? Or Al Maha Kambing?
Kekekekeke

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)