Featured Post

Senoko Beach Fishing Spot

Today i decided to give the Tomans a rest as i was tired of bashing... Instead as it was march and there was a fairly favourable tide, i headed down to my old fishing hole to do some herring fishing. Now this is no normal spot for me. It holds many great memories for me. It was where i started learning the basics of fishing and meeting many great kakis. It was also where my rod got dragged into the sea by a giant seabass a.k.a KBL. It was also the place i caught my giant herrings, chermins, sicklefishes... In all, it was a place the was special for me. 

Those were the days 



Why did I decide to go back? Simply because I haven't been there for two years and that March to August is a great great time for the certain fishes we are targeting. And it's not just Herring I'm talking about! The fishes would gather in one big school and spawn here. It was the mother of all breeding grounds. I wondered if I would see the any regulars there. They sure would be shocked to see me after my absence for 2 years! We hurriedly reached the spot and did some duck walking to get pass the rocky terrain and onto the sandy beach. Strangely, the beach was empty! We were lucky today and none was around. Soon after 20 minutes, my Uncle's rod turned into an extreme U shape. He gave it a strong tug and soon the battle was on! The fish was relentless and kept on taking out line. However, it tired after awhile and was soon subdued. When it was brought up, pangs of excitement hit us. It was a Giant Herring! These fish come together in great numbers and I look in anticipation at my rod. 

The Beauty


The worn out fish  


Sadly, nothing happened for the past 2 hours... Pesky crabs kept stealing our bait and our hopes diminished. We soon packed up and left the beach. Overall, we had a good feeling as the trip wasn't wasted and we enjoyed ourselves. Coming to the last part, the fish was brought back because we failed to revive it. It its struggle, many of its scales had dropped off and the fish was turning a pale colour. It couldn't swim out into the sea. So a point to take note, if you fight a Giant Herring, quickly bring it up and handle it carefully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Introduction to Prawning: Simple Tips & Tricks

New Prawning Pond in Singapore for 2024: Olden Days Prawning

Singapore Fishing Paypond Locations (updated 31 October 2023)

Ah Hua Fishing and Prawning at Neo Tiew Lane 2, Gallop Kranji Farm Resort (formerly D Kranji Resort) visit

What is the difference between the Kurau (Indian Threadfin) and Senangin (Blue Threadfin Salmon)?

New Fishing and Prawning Pond at SAF Yacht Club (SAFYC), Sembawang (Opened on 27 October 2023)

Marina South Singapore Fishing Spot (Eging and Shore Jigging Recce)